Sunday, May 1, 2022

Tarn

A couple of days after loosing Lync I drove out to his breeders house for a walk. It was comforting to be there with her. Lync loved going out there to train, play and visit. It was a happy place for us both. While walking Liz mentioned to me that Avey, who has MuddyFlats Kennel, had a male puppy that she and Liz co bred. They had held on to this puppy with hopes of finding him a home in Alberta with someone who would show him as well as doing other Performance Events with him. Liz and Avey wanted to know if I might consider giving him a home. I went home and talked to Brad about it. We decided to make the drive to Camrose and go see him. It was difficult. I cried as he licked my face. I missed Lync so much. We decided to bring him home and give it a week. I needed to make sure I could open my Heart to him so soon after loosing Lync. I also wanted to make sure he was a good fit in our home and that Ash would accept him. It only took a day for me to decide, I wanted him. I let Avey and Liz know. To my surprise Avey offered him to me free of charge. They would like to co own him with me and one day allow him to be used for breeding if they chose to do so. I was so thrilled! Of course I said yes! Tarn has helped to heal my heart. He has been the best puppy. He is smart and energetic and I absolutely adore him !I still miss Lync so much but my Heart doesn't hurt as much. I believe everything happens for a reason. I believe that Tarn was there because I needed him. The Universe had chosen this path for me and I am very blessed .

3 comments:

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

This is awesome news. We are so happy for you.

As Dad has said, the only thing worse than losing a dog is not having one in your life. We hope Tarn lives a long happy life.

Dog Speed,

Gemini & Normandy

Squishy said...

What a beautiful boy! So much we don't know about why things happen but you are able to trust in things you don't know or see. I love you Jolene oxoxo

Anonymous said...

I love you too my friend 😘