Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas Eve


Sitting here trying to find the motivation to make my stuffing.  I like so many people my age just go through the motions at Christmas time. The older you get the more family you loose.
This year I am trying hard to stay in the present and not dwell on the past.  I just miss my family so much.  I have a brother in Thunder Bay and a sister in Sherwood Park.  My sister is just a 5 hour drive away but she has her own family.
I am reminded how fortunate I am to have my husband, my health and my dogs.  So many losses this year for people. One of my co workers died 3 days ago after a short illness.  I feel for her family.  My good friend lost her husband recently and I'm sad for her this Christmas. Another friends life was lost tragically recently as well. How sad for her family .
So hug your loved ones tightly, never miss an opportunity to tell them how much you love them.  Life is short so make the best of it.

3 comments:

Fay said...

I wish I had more words of comfort....I hope you do enjoy the many good things in your life. Merry Christmas. /Fay, Tali et al

Helen said...

I'm lucky I have family near by to spend Christmas with. The family support was needed this year as I had to let my older Sheltie go on 23 Dec, he had hemangiosarcoma. I hope the New Year is good to you.

World of Animals, Inc said...

The holidays can be hard sometimes with family that doesn't live nearby now or lost family members or friends not here. But we hope you still were able to have a lovely holiday and a wonderful start to the New Year. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day.
World of Animals