Sunday, March 22, 2020

A New Reality

How is everyone coping with the new world we are now living in?

I am still working .  I am a dog groomer.  We are taking precautions, lots of hand washing, disinfecting door handles, debit machine and anything else the public comes in contact with.  I have mixed feelings. I would rather stay home but can't afford to not get a paycheck. My husband is also still working and we are thankful for our jobs.  The only time we go out is if we need groceries . So many people in our community are not practicing self isolation.  The other day I went out for milk and there was a dad in the store with his 2 public school aged kids.  Crazy.  I've seen Facebook posts of people still travelling to tourist attractions.  They are treating this like a holiday instead of a pandemic. What don't they understand about all of this?  It's all just so scary.

I hope you are all safe and will continue to stay so.

2 comments:

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

We are doing well. I'll be working, but has some extra days off.

There are some people that are not taking this serious enough and others that are in a panic.

Stay safe and well.

Gemini and Dog Dad

Helen said...

We're doing well too. I'm glad I'm retired and have good pensions. I'm a bit of an introvert but am finding that I miss the social contact I did have. Two of my sisters just came back from Myrtle Beach and are now in 14 days isolation; but they're all together with their husbands. They post pictures of themselves together, makes me both angry and sad as I'm all alone. We'll will get through this. My neighbours and I are already planning a driveway party once the weather gets warmer. We will sit in our driveways and have a drink together, most driveways are at least 6 feet apart.