Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What Would You Do ?

Do you know someone that always seems to have trouble follow them?? No?....
Then you haven't met me :)

This morning on my walk I passed a house that has 2 dogs, mixed breeds. These dogs go crazy if someone with a dog walks by their house. The owner knows this as they have built a smaller fence within their fence to keep them back. The problem is they can get over the smaller fence if they want.This morning they wanted to :)

They can get to the corners & stick their heads through, the barking, snarling & growling is awful. Kort of course reacts by barking his fool head off at them. I was so annoyed I walked up to the fence & wacked it with my flexi yelling at them to get back. The younger of the 2 did so, she mostly acts out due to the older dogs aggressive behaviour.
Then I hear the owner yelling at me, something about the dogs being in his yard & how I was in the wrong by being too close to it with mine :)
Yeah, sooo, if you know me, (smirk) I don't let people push me around, so I yelled back.
I told him how vicious his dog is & how he knows it as he has built the 2nd fence, blah blah blah.
He keeps yelling so I tell him I'm going to call the police, he tells me to go ahead,umm,ok, thanks I will :)
I walk around the street to find his house # & there he is in his truck with his 2 dogs & he's taking pictures of me!!! What the F!!!....
he slowly moves forward & stops right beside me taking another close up, of course I stick out my tongue at him, mature I know, I would have given him the finger but I had the dogs leashes in my hands :)
I continue to walk as he drives in the opposite direction...about 5 min later, while my back was turned "scooping ", I see the truck coming by again out of the corner of my eye, the bastard is following me!
I wait until he turns the corner & I go down the back sidewalk so I'm not on the main street.
I'm not sure if he was trying to find out where I lived, or trying to intimidate me.
Anyway, I did call the police, the officer on the other end called it "suspicious behaviour" & they are going to pay him a visit.
I also called the Animal Services at the request of the officer, they told me what I knew they would. The dog is in it's yard, & until it gets out & chases or bites someone they can't do anything about it..nice huh.
But damn it, now I've lost my favourite way to walk, I won't walk by the house again for obvious reasons.
So what would you have done ??

5 comments:

Dianne SS said...

I think we can see why those dogs act the way they do--look at the owner!! Creepy jerk or what!!!In similar situations in my area, I keep Duffy well back of the fence and we keep walking. He has a tendency to think he can make a friend out of any dog, even if they are acting in an unfriendly manner! He doesn't bark back at the dogs though, so that's a little easier. When he was a puppy there was a house on 122nd Ave. that had 2 large, vicious dogs--we discovered one day. One was thrashing away at an open window to get out and eat us alive and the other was throwing himself at the shakey fence. Yikes!! Duffy whimpered and we both were out of there at high speed. And we never walked past there again, until the people and their dogs were kicked out. I can understand your reaction in trying to get the dogs to shut up and knock it off. If their owner had been any kind of a half decent person, he would have called them back, shut them in the house, and apologized. But then he's a jerk and his dogs behave like jerks too! I wonder if you have some kind of a case regarding him taking unauthorized pictures of you...even if you did stick out your tongue at him!!! :)

Kim said...

I don't know what I would do. All I know is what kind of creepy weirdo would follow you and take pictures of you. I sure hope the police really did go and talk to him because that is really creepy.

Squishy said...

Oh my gosh!! Called them "P"s????!!!! Hahaha!!! I don't know!! I haven't walked my dogs in years. Taking photos is pretty nasty!! I think I'd find another way to go walk for a while, because now he's probably riled up about it. The dogs sound like horrible little animals just like the owner!!

sandyv2222 said...

Well my dogs bark at the fence, but there is no chance of them getting out. People walk back there all the time and the dogs go crazy. Honestly I wouldn't be too impressed if someone hit my fence and yelled at my dogs in my yard. However, I wouldn't have stalked you and took pictures lol. Fence barking is a hard thing to fix, they are doing what comes naturally, guarding their property. And I don't mind them barking when people when people walk by b/c then people know we have dogs, esp b/c Dustin works nights. If they're not barking their fool heads off day and night I would leave it alone, and find another route. Sorry Jo!

onecollie said...

agreed Sandy, I even said to the police, I know I should not have wacked the fence, what I was trying to do was make an awful situation stop, I couldn't get my dog to stop barking either :(
Personally I wouldn't have done a thing if the guy hadn't of taken my picture, I was bluffing him....
I ended up telling the police NOT to go & talk with him, I didn't want to make a dumb situation worse, I won't be walking by there again :)