Sunday, October 4, 2009

One Smart Collie !!

Amanda & I took our dogs to a local fun match yesterday.....I wanted to get some practise in before the dog show in Edmonton this weekend, & I also wanted to see where Kort was, obedience & rally wise, as there are trials here in November. We had a blast & Kort did awesome!!! The rally was set up for advanced & not novice but I thought I'd give it a try, Kort did really well, he even took the jump for me!! It was the first time he had seen rally signs set up so he wanted to smell each one!, something to work on.
I then did a novice obedience run & Kort tied for first place with a 187!!! He was soooo good, super attention, a few little things I need to work on, but I was very pleased with him!! It was wonderful to be working in obedience again & I can say that Kort is my best "heeler" ever!! He is not quite ready to trial yet, but he has lots of time, he's only 16 months old.
I was also very happy with how he behaved for the conformation match, for the first time ever, he stood still to be examined, yeah Kort!!
Here are some pictures Amanda took, the first one is Kort's on leash heel work, the next 2 are off leash.....the last one is Kort really wanting the bait !



5 comments:

Squishy said...

What a handsome boy. Did you know you could enter Kort in the CCA next March in CALIFORNIA in Rally, Obedience & Breed!!!!??????????????? Is that a trip made in Heaven????????

Kim said...

Good job with the obedience! Kort is doing very well. You will have that CD in no time.

The "I want bait" picture is cute, cute, cute!

onecollie said...

Diana!!! LOL!!!if only I had the money! sigh

Dianne SS said...

Like I said on Facebook, he looks wonderful and he's doing so well. Good boy Kort!

manymuddypaws said...

he did great Jo!!! I wish I had more time for classes for you guys! This winter i promise!!!