Friday, October 16, 2009

Sweet Allie


This is Allie, she is my cousin Lynda's Norwegian Elkhound. I took this picture of her on my trip to Thunder Bay in Sept. She is 16 & a half years old. Allie has always been special to me. In 1994 Lynda & I packed up baby Allie & 4 year old Drake to travel to both of our Am. Nationals. We had a blast together, & the dogs adored each other. When Drake passed away & I got Tate, he too loved Allie. I think I felt connected too her because she "knew" Drake.
Today Allie will cross over to the Rainbow Bridge & a piece of my heart will go with her.....goodbye Sweet Allie.....

This picture of Tate & Allie was taken in 2004, 10 years after the pictures below.

These 2 pictures of Drake & Allie were taken in 1994 when Allie was just a junior puppy.

5 comments:

Visichy said...

She looks like a real sweetheart. My thoughts are with you today.

Dianne SS said...

My heart goes out to you Jolene,and to your cousin Lynda on this very sad day and on the sad days that follow.

Donna Brinkworth said...

Oh Jolene, please tell Lynda that I am thinking of her. What a long life! I remember Ali too and I remember your trip to the Nationals! Amazing to live to 15. She looks so sweet in her old age. Donna

Squishy said...

So sad Jolene. That day we decide for our loved dogs. It sucks. Let her know we are thinking about her.

2Elkies said...

Oh Jolene, Allie is so sweet. What great memories you must have of her. I got a tear when I read this and I will be thinking of you.
Cindy Donaldson