Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Last Agility Trial of The Year




This weekend I travel to Calgary & the famous Spruce Meadows for an Agility Trial.
I have mixed feelings, some excitement, some dread. 
At the beginning of July Kort & I were in another trial, he did well, getting his first Intermediate Standard Q in his very first run.  But, that was his last Q in Standard.  As the weekend went on, & we didn't Q, I got more & more frustrated, I even blamed  a jump once :)
We ended up with our Novice Jumpers With Weaves title as well, but I didn't celebrate. Instead I went home & thought & thought about the weekend, & my attitude.  I ended up deciding to step back from Agility for the rest of the year after this weekends trial. 
I am going to concentrate mainly on Obedience as I want to have Kort ready for our local trial in November.
As a rule my personality is bubbly , happy, positive & loud, I enjoy life to the fullest, but when I compete I become a different Jolene sometimes, way too serious & competitive.  I actually wrote about this in an earlier post in July so sorry if I'm repeating myself :)
I am just giving myself time to rethink my attitude as far as trialing goes. What my goals really are & how I want to acccomplish them.
The funny thing is, well ok, not so funny, but I HATE training, with a passion! That means I don't train enough, so I have no one to blame but myself, it really wasn't the jumps fault, the bar didn't mean to drop when Kort's foot touched it, hahaha! 
Anyway, moving on .....I am going to enjoy my time in the ring with Kort, try my hardest to be my immature silly self, & just have fun with my bestest boy ♥

3 comments:

WigglyZack said...

I am sure you will both do very well. Hang in there.

Dianne SS said...

Sounds like a good plan--main idea is to have fun together, that's what makes the special memories. Kort doesn't care about the titles and trials--he just loves you and wants to be with you.

Squishy said...

I think you are too hard on yourself and maybe you are asking Kort to trial before he is really ready. But, taking time off is a great idea and get away from agility and going back later will be a good plan. I really don't like training my dogs for competition anymore, love conformation. I'd rather train my horses. Less stressful for some reason. Enjoy your time off and just have fun with your dogs. They are with us for such a short time.