Saturday, November 24, 2012

Reminising

Today I scanned some old photos of my collie Drake who passed away in 2001.  I've been thinking alot about him lately . Drake lived until the age of 10 years & 9 months to be exact.

When Drake was 10 years & 7 months, he developed Heart Disease, I lost him just 5 weeks later.

Tate is 10 years & 7 months old right now.
I can't even comprehend that fact looking at Tate.  This morning Tate was out running around chasing Kort & having a great old time .  I cherish every single second I have with him, not to say I don't cherish every moment I have with Kort, but you know what I mean.

Ben , my very first collie, lived a full life until the age of 13 years, I always expected Drake to live at least that long, which is why it was so very hard to deal with at the time.

Never take anytime with your dogs for granted, that is what I remember every single day ♥

Remembering Drake, Ch Mariner Storm Ryder Am Can CD

10 years, July 2000

 
 
 
Grooming for the 10 & over Veterans Sweepstakes
 
 
Ready for the Ring :)
 
 
Competing
 
 
 
Moving
 
 
 
 
 
Proud Family comes to watch :)
 
 

7 comments:

Collie222 said...

Wow, Drake's registered name is very close to my Ryder's name! :)

And I agree, we should treasure every moment!

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Drake looks like he was a pawsome pup. I know what you mean about thinking about the ones you lost. I did some of that this week.

Dog Dad

Squishy said...

So sweet. He was beautiful.

WigglyZack said...

Beautiful dog. What lovely memories.

Paws on the Run said...

Love that first one of him and the one of your family there supporting you guys!

Dianne SS said...

Lovely boy and gone too soon and so quickly :( I totally agree that we should never take our dogs for granted or our time with them for granted. Enjoy and love everyday we have together.

Anonymous said...

Ah that is a lovely post and yes something we should always remember Julia...