Saturday, July 29, 2017

First Trial


I had one of my last practises this morning with Lync.  We leave on Friday afternoon for Calgary and Lync's first Obedience Trial!  I am pretty excited even though his heeling didn't go so well today.  This week I will work on changing things up more with heeling and making it more fun for him.  I don't want him to lag continually throughout the off leash heeling.  It will become even more important when we enter Open and ALL the heeling is off leash.
We didn't practise stays today but his recall was nice and his stand for examination was good considering his breeder was the one to examine him .  It would be nice to come home with his CD, I'm not expecting to however as training and being in the trial are two different things.  It's not that I don't think he is ready, it's just that you have to take in account ring nerves and to expect the unexpected!
Wish us luck!



No comments: