Sunday, October 1, 2017

Happy Anniversary!


This past weekend, September 29, was Brad and my 22nd Anniversary!  I can't believe it's been that long! We went to Waterton to celebrate it.  It was very sad to see how much damage the summers fire did to the landscape.  It came so close to the townsite and had it not been for the hard work of the firefighters the townsite would have been lost! Thank goodness it wasn't .

Most of the shops and restaurants were closed however, the owners just decided not to reopen after they were evacuated because of the fire. I guess it saved me money as there were less places to shop!

The weather cooperated and it was a lovely relaxing weekend until we were coming home.  A full on  blizzard with whiteout and slippery conditions all the way to Cardston. I just crawled along going no more then 50-60 kmp.  Then like magic it turned to just rain and then dry the rest of the way home.

The dogs were all happy to see each other and are fast asleep now.
I'm already looking forward to next year, I just love Waterton!

Scary how close the fire came to The Historic Prince of Wales Hotel

All the mountains looked the same, totally void of trees

1 comment:

Squishy said...

That's so sad!!!!! Southern California is like that in so many places.