Sunday, January 7, 2018

Walkies!



Today is 19 days since Ash's neuter.  I am going to take all the dogs for a nice run in the fenced in field I rent for them.  With the neuter and the bitter cold snap we had they have not been out for almost 3 weeks.  I have stopped feeling so guilty about that, it used to eat away at me if I didn't take them out.  Before when I only had one or two dogs I walked.  I LOVE walking, however since getting Lync that has stopped.  I can't get him to stop pulling :(  He is so strong and pulls so hard that it is very unpleasant for me and the Collies.  I have tried everything from a halti, to a no pull harness, and in desperation a pinch collar.  He has continued to pull through them all, it's extremely frustrating.  I will know better with my next flatcoat to not allow any pulling , at all, ever! right from when he is a puppy.
I could take the Collies together then Lync alone but whoever is left behind puts up such a fuss barking etc. that I just don't bother, especially because Brad works shift work and is usually sleeping when I am going out.
Anyway, I hope Ash is ok to run, it's almost been 3 weeks so I'm sure he will be.  The last thing I want is for him to bust a stich or something!
Well I better get dressed if I'm going , cheers!

2 comments:

Fay said...

Keep warm! I know a thing or two about pulling. In addition to Wicca's half-brother and two other (Canadian) cardis, we have a (Canadian) Standard Poodle pup, and she is an expert at pulling! Happy New Year!

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Walkies are the second best thing (Dog Park is better). We aren't to bad walking unless a cat goes by or the one spot where Sherman tends to pull bounce and act like a nut job.

Stay warm