Thursday, November 18, 2010

Therapy Dog

Today was a big day for Tate & I, we had our first official visit as Therapy Dog volunteers.
It went just how I had expected, Tate was awesome & made me very very proud. We did not have a big group today, maybe 10 residents, plus some staff members. Oh, we also had 3 other dogs that belonged to some of the residents! Tate took it all in stride & hopefully managed to brighten up their day just a bit :))
I am hoping we will attract a bigger crowd next time as word of mouth gets around , in the meantime we are looking into visiting at a 2nd home, so stay tuned for those updates as well.

Tate, Therapy Dog Extraordinaire in the yard before leaving home ......

Tate & I about to go in for our first visit......

Tate & I with Charla the Black Rock Terrace Event Coordinator......

In this picture Tate & I pose with one of the residents & her dog Morris, plus 2 of the kitchen staff that happened by......

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done, Tate!!! I'm sure you had brought a lot of smiles to the residents and staff members there.

Gorgeous pictures. I love your bandana.

manymuddypaws said...

yay for tater!

WigglyZack said...

That is such a great thing you are doing with Tate. It was meant to be.

Donna Brinkworth said...

I have always felt Tate believes he is more in the world of people than dogs, so I am sure he will feel very satisfied doing this. He is kind of an old soul. Thanks for helping him find his calling, coz even dogs have a calling, I believe, and through dogs we can be led to new things that are rewarding too - and I bet you are also great with those seniors and it might fill a hole in your life too Jolene. Who knows. You will bring happiness to these people just as volunteers did the same for your Dad. I think this is really wonderful. Good boy Tate! Dog = God one more time.

Sarah said...

Tate is awesome!! Glad you had a good fist visit. We are adding a second place to visit too :) too bad we couldn;t team up!!

Squishy said...

I LOVE the new look of your blog!!! It's really cooool!!!!!
Yeah for you and Tate. What a good boy! I can't wait to hear more about your visits. I haven't done visits for years but really enjoyed it, as did the dogs. And you have SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh My Goshy!!! And here I was going to complain about the 42 degree weather!

Squishy said...

Oh and yeah to Donna. So true you can be there for these people and I agree with her on helping you heal. So sweet. Your dad is so proud of you and Tate.