Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fun Match

Today I hauled my butt out of bed early & took the boys to an Obedience Fun Match.
It was good to see where Kort is at right now with his training. His heeling was wonderful, he sat every time I stopped & had no "sideways ears". The sideways ears mean things are about to fall apart & he is stressed :(
He did not drop on his recall which was kind of weird as he has been doing it well in class. Next was the retrieve on flat & he started to look at the floor for food, wandered away from me, & did the whole avoidance thing. Amanda suggested I step out of the ring & give him a break then come back in & finish the exercises. That worked like a charm. He did a lovely retrieve on flat & a gorgeous retrieve over the high jump, except for anticipating it LOL! I will take that for now as he ran out with gusto & was happy to jump. He aced his broad jump!! On the out of sight long sit he laid down at the 1 min 20 sec point. He was good on his long down. So we still have a way to go before he can put the full routine together, but I am super happy with him & can definately see his progress !!!
His Rally Excellent routine was awesome, he performed all the stations well & came out with High Score & 100/100 !! What a good boy!
I brought Tate out to play as well, he never really liked to do the whole obedience thing, but every once in awhile he enjoys hanging out with Kort & I. I had my hands loaded with treats because these days Tate's all about the food! He is just so stinkin cute! In the video you will see that he has forgotten how to do a left 360, hahaha, but he had a great time & I am soooo thrilled he is still having fun!
These are the first videos taken with my new fancy digital camcorder :)


9 comments:

Tara said...

Sweet! Here it is I thought I couldn't use treats in obedience classes. Poor Light, all those years ago I tried to get him in the obedience ring withno cookies! ..oops for me...maybe I can work with Ty (never to late is it??) and get him in the ring via obedience...:)
Tara

onecollie said...

Tara I use treats all the time in classes & Fun Matches! It's just the " real " ring they aren't allowed.....& no it's never to late :)

Paws on the Run said...

The boys were awesome today!! I'm still waiting for my video. ;)

Squishy said...

What good boys!! Tate looks great and he does really want the food. Soooo sweet! And, Kort looks fantastic too! Nice working collies!!!

onecollie said...

Diana, isn't Tate hilarious! he cracks me up :)

Dianne SS said...

As I watched these videos on FB first, I enjoyed reading here about what was going! Kort did very well and Tate is a clown!

Squishy said...

Tate is the love of my blog stalker life....

haopee said...

Amazing! How do you do that... May I know how long it took for you to be able to make them follow your very lead?!?

Great choice of music by the way.

Good job Tate and Kort!

Huggies and Cheese,

Haopee

onecollie said...

hi haopee...
As to how long this took I would have have to say years :) By that I mean they are still learning, well Kort is anyway. Tate is pretty much retired except for agility. Both boys starting training as young puppies, about 3 months old, they have been in classes ever since. Kort started to trial when he was 2, he is now almost 4. Tate is almost 10.
Thanks for the nice comments!