Friday, October 12, 2012

Gotta Start Somewhere


So it begins! Finally!

I have entered several trials with Kort in November.  I am very excited.  I have not trialed Kort in over a year, so we have to start somewhere.
I am being realistic, & not going to push him, so I have entered just 1 trial per weekend.
My original plans have taken a bit of turn, I was originally going to trial Kort for the first time at our local Lethbridge show but found out a couple of my friends are taking a day trip to Red Deer the beginning of Nov. to a trial.  That got me thinking :)  if I go too I can enter Kort in 1 Rally trial in hopes of getting his last Rally Excellent leg.  If he gets it then I can enter him in Open here in Lethbridge.  I would rather have Kort's first Open trial here at home, just more relaxed for both of us.  If  however Kort doesn't get that last leg in Red Deer, no biggy, we will stick with our original plan & enter Rally here in Lethbridge.

All of this of course is depending on Kort & his comfort level, if at any time he looks like he is going back to stressing I just will not go to the trial.

Tomorrow Amanda & I are going to Cowley for some Obedience & Rally.  I will try & get Kort through a full routine if I can. 

I am so excited to get back into Obedience & Trialing, lets hope Kort feels the same !

1 comment:

Dianne SS said...

Sounds like an excellent plan!! Good luck!!