Thursday, June 19, 2014

A little of this, A little of that

Crusier
Last night I got an email from Peg Vohr who is Tate's breeder, she had to put Tate's litter brother Crusier to sleep.  He was fine the night before but when they got up the next morning he had lost the use of his legs, most likely a stroke.
It unnerved me, knowing this happened, I know at this age anything can happen, at anytime, to Tate as well.  He has had 2 serious episodes in the last 6 months and come out of both, but I know how lucky we have been, and we might not get so lucky the next time something happens.

This morning I had Brad put Tate up on the grooming table so I could cut out a few matts he has in his bloomers.  I no longer brush matts out of him, it is way too hard on him and shaving them out is way faster and easier.  I cut his nails as well as trimmed the bottom of his feet.  At one point while brushing him I burst into tears, it doesn't seem that long ago that he was a puppy, up on that very same table being brushed out, now here he is at 12 years old, having trouble standing on the table without falling over and giving me grief about holding his feet to cut his nails.  Time goes by so fast, especially with dogs,  it is so unfair.

Then there is Kort.  He started limping a couple of days ago after running in the park with Lync.  He has stopped limping now but I hate that I have to limit his fun. I will need another ex ray of his back at some point to see how his sponylosis is progressing.  He should be going for regular chiropractic sessions but I am not able to afford it right now.  I am trying to get weight off of him, he is fat!  Eating raw is agreeing with him but I need him to be much thinner for his own good, it makes it difficult though when I can't have him doing alot of exercise or he limps.

Lync is perfect!  Love this puppy to bits!!!! He has been the best medicine for me in my own healing process.  He takes my mind off all of my worries.

I am still not working, tomorrow will be 7 months since my accident.  I had my CT scan a week ago, it shows that the bone has healed, however I still have pain, sometimes it's sharp, at times dull, sometimes its a shooting pain across my chest or a constant aching.  Right now it is very sore as I lifted Tate off of the grooming table.  I am going to see an orthopedic surgeon just to see what he has to say.  My Dr recommended I go.  As far as going back to work, who knows, I thought I might be ready, but now I am just not sure.  I need to be mentally ready to return as well as physically and I am not sure I am quite there yet.

I took my van yesterday to get the body work done, to get rid of all the rust on it, then to be painted .  Right now it has the silver hood on it from Johnny, I will be kind of sad to see it painted, but at the same time it will mean I can put this accident behind me finally so that is a good thing.

This year has alot of things coming up to be thankful for.  I have my flatcoat finally! I am hoping to get to some dogs shows and show him myself.  I want to attend the Canadian Flatcoat National at the end of August, hopefully with Brad!!
It is my nieces Wedding on New Years Eve, that means I will be spending Christmas in Thunder Bay with my family, exciting!! Brad will be coming out for the Wedding as well.  It has been a very long time since Brad and I have attended any kind of celebration, we are looking forward to it!
I am worried about my dogs though.  Lync will be staying with Judy, which he will love!  Kort will be with Amanda but I worry about him as he is a mommas boy.  Tate, well God willing he is still with me,  will hopefully be at Amanda's.  I will have to play it by ear, if he is sick , I will have to stay home.
My brother will never forgive me if I miss my nieces wedding.  He would never understand putting a dog first, but I can't leave Tate if he is not well, I would never forgive myself, it is not an easy decision to make, it sucks either way .

Ok, that's all the updating I've got for now!

3 comments:

Dianne SS said...

I looked up that very picture this morning of Cruiser. He was a fine looking fellow and by what some have said on your FB post, he had the same sweet temperament that Tate does. Peg Vohr has certainly bred wonderful dogs. Are there other litter mates alive? I can totally understand how you wouldn't want to leave Tate if he wasn't doing well--I know you would never forgive yourself for being away if something happened. I would be that way too. It's like our parents too--I could never go far, because I didn't and I don't want them to be alone when their time comes.

Poor Korty--I hope he's okay.

I'm happy to hear that your breast bone has healed, but the continued pain, is worrisome. Hopefully the orthopedic surgeon can shed some light on that.

Lync is good medicine alright!! And he adores you!!

I guess we just have to trust that all will work out as it is meant to. And that includes your van--won't that be fabulous when that long drawn out business is finally concluded!!
((HUGS)) to you from me!!

onecollie said...

thank you Dianne ! xoxo
I know Bobbi is still alive, she lives with Peg as well, Peg kept 3 from the litter! Baker died a couple of years ago. I asked her is she knew if any littermates were still alive and she has yet to answer me.
Peg bred the best Collies ever, I wish she still was

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Tough decisions. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We hope for the best.