Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Cancer Sucks

Joanne and Jane
So my sisters oncology team has decided Joanne will need 15 more radiation treatments now that her chemo is over, her tumors have shrunk, but not enough to make them happy.

Joanne remains positive, not sure how, we are all a mess, worried sick for her, but not able to show it. 
I take comfort in knowing that she is happier right now then she has ever been in her life.  She has a partner who loves the ground she walks on, who will do anything she can to make her days filled with joy, she has 3 children to care for, something Joanne always wanted but never had .  They just moved to their forever home and it is beautiful, with any luck Joanne will be able to enjoy it for many years to come.

1 comment:

WigglyZack said...

Having lost my mum to cancer when I was 11 years old. I understand how cancer effects all the family members. It's so hard. Sounds like your sister is a trooper and a fighter and that's a great thing. So glad she has found happiness in her life. Even tho I don't know her I will say a few prayers.