Sunday, August 9, 2009

Who's Dumb Idea Was This Anyway?

That was the question we kept asking ourselves today....turns out it was Amanda's!!!
I was still in bed this morning when the phone rang, it was Amanda saying that she & Wendy were heading out to Writing On Stone for the day, & would I like to join them?, after I hesitated a little, I had just gotten up, I agreed to go. I had been there with Wendy in Nov. & it was magical. I had never seen the hoodoos before & I was in awe. Today, not so much!......it was wicked hot as we started out at the hottest time of the day 2 pm. I asked the question, "will the dogs get heat exhaustion?".....to which Amanda replies "they'll be fine!! She quickly ate her words after about half an hr. We found a game trail to the river & let all the dogs jump in to cool off. We carried on for a bit but then decided we should head back before we died! , seriously! I'm not sure what we were thinking, we brought water, but we gave it all to the dogs, except for a quick sip for us! We got back, alive!, & found a picnic table in the shade, & had a delicious lunch. Amanda made me a yummy sandwich & Wendy brought juices, then she bought us ice cream!! yum yum! It really was a fun day, all kidding aside, however it did take me over an hour to brush all the little green burrs out of my dogs coats!!!!! Ugh!, I need a smooth!
Here is Kort on one of our rest breaks, he all of a sudden scaled up the side of the rocks, just like a billy goat! Then he stood there posing for his picture..he was quite high up, above my head, Amanda took this pic for me...thanks!

5 comments:

Squishy said...

I want to see more pictures!! It looks like Vasquez Rocks where I used to run my dogs. It was Punky's favorite place on earth. And the ice cream!!! Did she pack it away and bring it out after you almost died or was it a drive-by on the way home??????

When does Perkins get to live with you full-time??????

Sarah said...

isn't it crazy how hot it is in the hoodoos! glad you survived!!! hehe

Dianne SS said...

Yeah I'd question going there in mid-afternoon, but I'm glad you all survived and didn't meet any rattlesnakes either! Fabulous picture of Kort!

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of Kort. You guys should have come to the mountains. It was freezing here. And we don't have any of those scary snakes!

onecollie said...

oh yes, next time the mountains!!!