Monday, August 31, 2009

If Dogs Could Talk.....

Tonight I gave each of the dogs a frozen raw soup bone......I got the idea from Amanda & thought I'd give it a go. I received two totally different reactions from the boys.......if dogs could talk, this is what I envisioned each of them saying.....
Tate.......um, excuse me mom, what exactly is this? and what should I do with it? oh dear, what is that I smell??, ewwwww, is that, oh dear, is that, BLOOD?????, ewwww, oh my.....um, well, ok, I'll give it a try, here let me lick it a bit...well, that wasn't too bad....ok, maybe just a bit more.....maybe if I chew on it a little bit it will get better (insert vision of Tate chewing with his front teeth like a beaver).....ok, that is not bad at all....but you know, maybe I will just wait patiently over here & watch Kort......oh dear, mom, is this cartilage on my chest???? oh dear me......
Kort......what is that you have??? is that a, dare I hope?, a bone???, a real bone!!!! Gimmee, Gimmee, Gimmee!!!! Got it, oh gosh, finally, a bone, a real bone...I'm in heaven, I'm in heaven!!!.....what should I do first, run away as fast as I can before mom changes her mind & realizes her error.....a real bone...gosh darn golly gee, a real bone!!!!!!
In the end Kort chewed all the "meat" from the bones & Tate got to lick and gnaw on the "clean" remains! so, both boys were happy!
The End!......

4 comments:

Dianne SS said...

Okay let's try that again! ROFLMAO! Prissy Tate! And Kort is Duffy's brother after all and Duffy had a whole turkey drumstick for supper tonight! Good for Kort, (maybe you can persuade your mom to feed you a species appropriate diet eh Kort?) :)

Donna Brinkworth said...

You are so funny!!!!! River learned to eat bones when I got Caden. Ted and Jet had them at Scott's. Now they all love them, and sometimes, River collects everyone's bones and puts them on my bed and lies in the middle of it. Gross, I know but you are dog people. So Jolene, when you have a bunch of raw bones on your bed, I want to see a photo! I am sure Tate will be like River and get into it.

Sharrie said...

My two collies are about that different, too. Glad they could tell us how they felt about the whole bone "thing".

Squishy said...

Geeeezzzzzzzzzzzz took a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to see the pictures of all the bones on your bed too!!

Sounds like Tate and Zoe are definitely related!!
If Zoe had her way, she's eat kibble, but she knows it's my way or the highway!!