Sunday, October 9, 2011

She Did It !!!!!

My friend Diana who lives in California just fulfilled one of her dreams! She completed the Tevis Cup. I am no horse riding expert but this is a HUGE deal among the horsey people. It is 100 miles of endurance, through bush, hills, cliffs etc, and a huge section of it is at night.
Last year was supposed to be the year she competed but her horse Ali'i came up lame & she had to scratch, it was so sad as she had trained so long for it. One year later & she finished !!!
I am so happy for you Diana, big big ((((((hugs))))) for you & Ali'i!!

Here are some pictures of Diana & Khemali'i taken last year during some endurance training rides......



5 comments:

Dianne SS said...

I guess it would be redundant if I did the same post, so I will comment here!!! I am so proud of Diana, that she accomplished one of her MAJOR dreams and goals!!! It seems she was playing this close the vest this year about whether she and Ali'i would ride!!!! And if that's the case, it can be a good idea, just in case things don't turn out as expected. She was so heartbroken last year about Ali'i and whether he had a future at all in endurance riding. And look at them this year!! Whoo Hoo!! Then the big snow storm altered the route, but the race went ahead. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to ride for so many hours, and through the darkness for half of it. You're amazing Diana!! I'm sure this Tevis is just the first of many that you will complete!! ♥♥

Squishy said...

You are the best Jolene. I love you.

Squishy said...

And you too Dianne......I'm all teary-eyed.

onecollie said...

I think I can speak for Dianne in saying how excited we are for you !!

Dianne SS said...

Quite right Jolene!!!! :)