Monday, October 24, 2011

Training Troop Trial


Tate shows off his ribbon......

It was such a great weekend at the Training Troop trials in Balzac AB. The trial is fun & full of good sportsmanship & humour.
The boys were so good for me but we have things to work on.
Tate finished his Starters Standard title giving him his ADC ( Agility Dog of Canada ) award!! He is now in Advanced in both Standard & Jumpers. However, now that he is in Advanced we really need to work on those weaves. He wasn't trained in the same manner as Kort & I can really see how bad his weaves are , in particular, he doesn't even look for his entry. In Advanced he really needs to have weaves. Tate also competed in Gamblers but wouldn't go out to the tunnel, my fault, I should have backed up & sent him, live & learn :)
In Jumpers he had a clean run but I did some really sloppy handling in one tricky spot causing him to be overtime :(
Kort was awesome, he got a Gamblers Q & a Standard Q.
In both Jumpers & the other Standard runs he was clean, but due to "table issues" he ran overtime. The killer was yesterday afternoon when he was just 1.36 seconds overtime :(
My instructors, Amanda & Sarah, have talked to me about his table problems & I am ready to listen :)
At times I think I know what is best for my dogs, & I can be very stubborn, right Sarah :) :) , but I do listen to what they are saying, & I do take it in, it just takes me some time to sit back & process what I have heard & then make my plan to go forward.
The instructors I have here in Lethbridge are awesome, it shows in how good Kort is compared with Tate.
Tate is good, don't get me wrong , but in AAC agility it really shows the holes in his training. AAC is so much harder then CKC, less time for one thing, & slight mistakes like a simple spin in front of the jump will result in an NQ, it makes you become a better handler for sure!
All this being said, I will definitely go to this trial again, I loved it !!

4 comments:

Squishy said...

Good job and good to listen especially when it's not working for you!!! I LOVE YOU TATE!!!!!

Dianne SS said...

Good going Jolene and da boys!!! Tate sure looks great and getting another title is a wonderful way to celebrate his renewed health and vigor!! As to listening or not listening...ahem...yeah I may have noticed that trait in you!! :))

manymuddypaws said...

the boys were great this weekend- there are always things to improve on after a trial. What fun would training be without a challenge. :)

WigglyZack said...

Glad you had a great weekend. Congrats on what you accomplished. Way to go!!!