Thursday, October 13, 2011

Still Looking....

Woody has been with me for 6 weeks now, he is still looking for his forever home ......



I ADOPTED YOUR DOG TODAY
I adopted your dog today
The one you left at the pound
The one you had for several years and no longer wanted around.
I adopted your dog today
Do you know he's lost weight?
Do you know he's scared and depressed and has lost all faith?
I adopted your dog today.
He had fleas and a cold,but don't worry none.
You've unburdened your load.
I adopted your dog today
Were you having a baby or moving away?
Did you suddenly develop allergies or was there no reason he couldn't stay?
I adopted your dog today
He doesn't play or eat much
He's very depressed, but he will learn again to trust.
I adopted your dog today.
And here he will stay.
He's found his forever home and a warm bed on which to lay.
I adopted your dog today.
And I will give him all that he could need.
Patience, love, security, and understanding.
Hopefully he will forget your selfish deed
Author - Unknown

5 comments:

WigglyZack said...

I sure hope Woody finds his forever home soon. In the meantime he is in the best place to get the love and care he deserves and needs at his time of life.

Squishy said...

Woody is so lucky to have found you and I know there is someone out there that will give him a home. I just still can't believe people can give up a dog and the reasons they do are so awful. They are scummy people. In every way. Sorry. You are amazing Jolene.

Dillydoodle said...

The poem left me in tears feeling both sad and enraged.. I will never understand how people can just throw away a memeber of their family- This old gentleman deserves so much better. I am so glad you have him and i really hope he finds his forever home soon. He looks super sweet.

Emilie

Dianne SS said...

It is surprising that no one has adopted him. For his sake I would wish that it was someone in Lethbridge, so he wouldn't be uprooted to yet another city. I'm still hoping though, that you will keep him--he's got the best home with you (if he couldn't be with me-hahaha!!) I wonder if his former owner misses him and wishes he hadn't given him up, especially for such selfish reasons?

Stacey said...

I hope he finds his home! poor pup. Lucky he has you!