Friday, November 29, 2019

Betty


On Monday November 25 my friend Betty was waiting at a stop sign when an impaired driver lost control of his car and broadsided her, she did not survive.  Betty was on her way to dog class with her corgi Sadie.  A year ago Betty bought an impact crate for Sadie, I remember how happy she was to have it, it was purple, Betty's favourite colour.  Sadie survived the accident because of this crate.

I am  having a hard time wrapping my head around her death.  I am no stranger to death, I have lost my mom, dad, sister and many aunts, uncles and cousins.  Betty's death was different, sudden and it didn't have to happen.  This man decided to get behind a wheel and drive while impaired.
I keep thinking that if she had just left home 5 minutes earlier or later she would have lived.

I trust there is a reason for everything, at least I hope so.  Maybe Betty's death will help the impaired driver get the help he needs, who knows.  For now I will mourn the death of a special friend and wait for the healing to begin.




3 comments:

Fay said...

I am so very sorry to hear about Betty. It is a tragedy, for her family and her friends, furry and so furry. My thoughts are with you. /Fay et cardis

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. It is tough to loose a friend that way. Take care of yourself.

God Speed

Dog Dad & Gemini

Helen said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend.