Wednesday, May 21, 2008

MY AMAZING DOG

Tate never ceases to amaze me. I have been attending obedience classes for the last 4 weeks , thinking maybe I'd put a CD on him next year.....because we've been doing so many other performance sports, I've kind of ignored formal obedience.
Tonight in class we did some advanced work, the drop on recall was one exercise. Tate has not done this before, I've had no need to teach it to him. Anyway I figured we give it a try....he shocked me by doing it not once, but twice. I told him to down on the recall & he dropped like a hot potato!! I was so proud. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, he knows what down means, but still, it was an exciting moment for me!
That's my boy!
Here's Tate having a bit of fun on our walk a couple of weeks ago....he doesn't care how big the stick is, he'll still try to bring it home!


Thanks to Amanda, who took the gorgeous head shot of Tate, at the top of the post, a couple of months back.

2 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

it took a few seconds for you to even realise he had done it!!!! Tate is a very good boy...

Paws on the Run said...

I know for a fact Coulee can't do that (even though she knows what down means) so you should be proud!