Friday, April 3, 2009

Lumpy

Last night when I got home from work , Kort laid down in the back porch & rubbed his nose on the rug....like it was itchy. I thought nothing of it until this morning.....I let him out for his pee & when I let him back in I noticed something funny. He has a lump on his nose!! Assuming he was bitten by something, I called my vet to see how much Benadryl to give him. I gave him his pill then off we all went for a walk..within 15 min. he puked, twice, I couldn't tell if the pill was in there so when we got home I gave him another...he's sleeping now & I'm keeping a close eye on him. My vet also is on alert should he swell more....she also said it could be an abscess on the root to his canine tooth.....poor baby Kort. Of course I couldn't miss a photo opportunity.....
So, heeeeerrre's Lumpy!!......

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Aww poor Kort, Logan had that happen this past summer and his whole snout puffed up.

manymuddypaws said...

oh poor kort. the benadryl will make him sleepy.

Rohan Shelties said...

Poor Kort! I hope its not a tooth! My Heidi swelled up under her eye a few years ago, and I thought she too had been stung/bitten. She still wanted to play! Fetch, tug, your name it! It turned out to be a fracture in her molar: which resulted in it being pulled. She was so good through it all, but...I wish she werent so stoic! I could have helped sooner!!!
Hope everything turns out to be OK,
Sheltie-Hugs!
Sheltie-Mom Jenn, Heidi and Shelby

miradukesadie said...

The stress we go through for these guy's hey????!!!