Thursday, November 26, 2009

Agility-Week 4


Last night was Kort's agility class & he is really coming along nicely. He is pretty focused on me (& the food !), even with the close proximity of other working dogs. His weave poles are super fun to watch. He speeds through them like a bullet! We work with gates, which is a new way for me. Basically they can't make a mistake as the gates are there to guide them through, but what a difference from 2 weeks ago when he wouldn't even enter the gates! The dogs all think this is the best trick in the world, & every dog in our class is doing great.
We also worked on our distance & directing the dog over the jump, Kort made one little bobble & came to me for a treat instead of going forward over the jump for it.
Then we got to do our first sequence! It was 2 jumps to a tunnel.....however we had to put our newly learned rear cross into effect for the tunnel entrance. Kort was on my right side in a sit, then I directed him over the first jump, over the second jump, but then crossed "behind" him as he was taking the second jump to direct him into the tunnel, which was to the right of the jump. Kort had no problem once I figured out not to bring up my left arm to direct him into the tunnel until he had taken the second jump!
My poor brain!

3 comments:

Squishy said...

Good job Jolene!! You're showing him at the national right?????????????????
LOVE that picture of Kort. Might be a favorite of mine.

onecollie said...

LOL!!!....

Dianne SS said...

I love reading about your weekly adventures in agility training with Kort. And it will come in handy when Duffy and I try this! But it's all pretty daunting!