Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Obedience School, Week 2


Last night Kort had his obedience class again. Amanda worked us a lot on heeling & proper footwork, as well as proper speed for our particular dogs. I was walking too fast, & once I slowed down a bit Kort's was heeling much smoother. My footwork is bit choppy according to Amanda , so her suggestion was to think of a song & sing it in my head while heeling to make things smoother! I picked "You Are My Sunshine" but Amanda said it was too slow, so then I picked " Burn It To The Ground" by Nikkleback but that was too fast! I am still trying to come up with something in the middle!
Kort's recall was great, however he was having some issues with his sit stay. I would say stay, walk away, turn back around, & he would happily come trotting over to me as if he had never heard the word stay in his life! He did this twice, then he layed down, Amanda went over & picked him back up into a sit & that time he stayed! Bugger!
We also did dumbell work which is fun fun! I am so enjoying obedience with Kort, & Amanda's classes make it alot of fun too!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm still trying to think of a song too, in fact woke up last night still thinking of one lol.

Dianne SS said...

How about "Pretty Woman"? Something by the Supremes? Do I date myself or what? LOL

onecollie said...

oh, I may be able to work with Pretty Woman!

Visichy said...

If Pretty Woman is too slow try "How do you solve a problem like Maria". I'll have to try the song thing too. Amanda's classes are great. I've learned so much in just 2 weeks :)