Sunday, May 16, 2010

Whoo Hoo!

On Sat. May 15, Kort became a Champion!!!
Many many thanks to Tammy Sawatzky for taking Kort in for me & getting that final point! I just couldn't take him in the ring, I was feeling too negative after not taking the point the day before, & my energy was not good. Plus, there is no way I can show him to his full potential as I just can't move fast enough. I thought I could , but try as I may, it wasn't happening, he deserved to be presented to his fullest. I had managed to get the other 9 points on him, but it wasn't always easy.
Kort also tried the Rally ring for the first time. I entered him on 2 days only.
On Sat. he went in the ring & just lost his brain somehow! seriously, he didn't heel, he would come "front", he wouldn't even sit with repeated commands to do so !!! yeesh!, what a nightmare! I didn't let it get to me though, for some reason obedience affects me differently. I think Kort was exhausted, he is a busy dog, constantly looking, thinking, moving. He had just had enough.
Today I pulled him from conformation & just concentrated on Rally. We spent the morning walking around the show building, letting him just look at dogs & calm down. I felt more relaxed, more confident, Kort knows his job, he is capable of high scores, & that is what we got!
Kort went in & wowed me, he had moments of barking, but they were short lived, we completed the course & got our first Rally leg with a score of 99/100, first in the class too!
I am so confident in Kort's abilities, that I even bought utility articles this weekend!
I will be posting some pictures after Amanda has time to send them, she had a busy but awesome weekend too. Wicca picked up 2 Excellent legs, getting a perfect score today !!, & Pixel earned her RN this weekend with all high scores! You can read more about it on her blog, manymuddypaws....
I'm off to bed now! Sweet Dreams for sure!

8 comments:

Diana said...

A big congrats to you and Kort!! Diana

Kim said...

Congratulations Jolene!!!!!

What an awesome score in Rally! I wish I could have seen it. But I am sure I will get plenty of opportunities to see you and Kort get awesome scores in rally and obedience.

manymuddypaws said...

kort was awesome jo!

WigglyZack said...

Wow, what a weekend!! A champion and 99/100!!! Congratulations to Kort and to you!!!!

Dianne SS said...

Congratulations to you and Kort! A hard won championship, but you perservered and got it. Now you can concentrate on the fun stuff!

Squishy said...

Wowzie Jolene!!! I am so proud of you with everything!! Kort looks gorgeous in the photo and good decisions on conformation and rally. You have a whole performance career ahead of you with your new champion!!! You'll both be a great team!!!!!!

jurneecollie said...

A Huge Congrats to Kort and his mom! He is a beautiful dog Jolene and I love the picture...I can see an ad on collies-on-line with that picture. You are going to have so much fun with Kort in the performance ring.

Monique & Michelle

Gail said...

Congrats Jolene and Kort! That is a beautiful photo at the top of your blog. Enjoyed the videos!
Gail