Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tate Update


Today Tate had his follow up appt. with our vet. It has been 2 weeks since he began his antibiotics for his enlarged prostate/infected anal gland. His prostate has definitely shrunk & his anal gland is better as well :) I knew he was better as his appetite has come back & he is his silly crazy self again :) He still weighs 60Ilbs but I am working on that.
I booked his neuter, he will have the surgery on July 12th. I am ok so far & not too worried. I may however be a basket case on the day, I always stress a bit when my dogs have anesthetic for the first time. Tate is 9 years old as well which worries me a bit, however I totally trust my vet.
He will be having laser surgery. I wasn't going to have it as I didn't for Kort, but my vet kind of insisted on it as he is an older dog & there is less "oozing" afterwards as she put it :) She did not insist the same when Kort was done so I totally trust that she thinks this is best for Tate. He will also have to follow up with 2 more weeks of antibiotics after, just to be safe.
This is the last time I will ever leave my male dog intact. The collie I had before Tate had an issue with his prostate as well, he was 8 yrs old when I had to have him neutered.
Live & learn I guess :)

3 comments:

Squishy said...

And here I thought this was all on FB....
Good luck, I'm sure he'll be fine and feel a ton better! I love the bottom photo.

Diana said...

Im glad Tate is feeling better!

Christine said...

I had River done with laser neuter and he didn't seem overly bothered by his missing boy bits. There were no sutures on the outside to irritate him, just a thin line of glue on the incisional edges. He was bruised a bit, but no problems at all after.

I'm sure he'll be just fine, and then you can fatten him up and love on him.