Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tomorrows A Big Day :)


Tate has been feeling under the weather for awhile now. He has no appetite at all, I am lucky if I can get him to eat once a day. I have been adding satin balls to his food for increased calories, & I hoped it would get him more interested in eating, I mean what dog doesn't like hamburger!
He still wasn't eating as much as I hoped. He weighs only 60 Ilbs right now, that is less then Kort :(
I took him in to my vet & did a full blood panel, of course everything came back ok. I had a sit down with my vet yesterday & she said that had she not examined Tate, she would have thought he was a perfectly healthy dog looking at the bloodwork. Clearly he is not healthy & bloodwork doesn't always tell a true picture of what may be going on inside.
So, I am booked in tomorrow to have an ultrasound done on Tate to check him out completely. I am going to the C.A.R.E. center in Calgary. I was so lucky to get in as they are booked weeks in advance. There just happened to be a cancellation!
I was supposed to leave for Thunder Bay tomorrow to be with my mom while my sister goes on a holiday. My mom had a stroke a 2 months ago. I have cancelled the plane reservations until after I am done in Calgary. Fingers crossed there is nothing wrong internally, my best outcome would be if it is nothing more then Inflammatory Bowel disease, or better yet, Tate just being fussy !!
To have the ultrasound done Tate will have to be shaved :( I have heard that it could be just his belly, or it could be all of his sides as well.
My friend Wendy from Paws On The Run Photography suggested taking some "before" pictures. I thought it was a wonderful idea as it could be quite some time before his coat grows back.
So here a a few of my favourites for you to enjoy, the complete album will be on my Facebook page.
Thank you Thank you Thank you Wendy !!!!!!


9 comments:

Squishy said...

Good luck with your ultrasounds and hopefully Tate is just fussy. And, I'm fine with only seeing 3 photos. Really.

onecollie said...

awwww Diana I will send you all them them ♥♥

WigglyZack said...

Tate looks beautiful Jolene. I will keep everything crossed for good results and an answer from the ultrasound.

Dianne SS said...

Tate looks so handsome!! I can see why the vet said that he looks the picture of good health--he does. All fingers, toes, and paws are crossed here too, for you and Tate tomorrow. ♥♥

Squishy said...

Thanks for the photos AND............I LOVE the new look to the blog!!!! Of Taters and I like the type changing!!!! So clean and classy!!

Squishy said...

Ok. I thought the type changed. It's late.

manymuddypaws said...

Good luck today Jo! Text me!!!!

Sarah said...

good luck jo! hopefully they shave right underneath so you hopefully won't notice too much. when jane got her ultrasound it was up the sides but she had no hair to cover!! And when K had torsion - his little sprigs of hair on the sides hid it not too bad - unless it was windy!!!!

thinking of you today :)

onecollie said...

thank you so much, I have such great friends ♥
Diana the type did change on the blog title :)