Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 20, 1960

The day I was born :) Happy Birthday to me, Queen for the Day as I like to say.
I've always loved my birthday, it's a day that is just mine, a day I can feel special. It doesn't matter how old I am, I don't care, I act how I feel, about 13 LOL!
I am 51 today, wow, time goes by fast. I don't remember every birthday I've ever had, but a few stand out, so I thought I'd post them, just for the lack of anything else to post :) :)
***************************************************************

1) 1968, 8 yrs old, mom decided to combine my birthday party with my brothers seeing as his was on the 12th, we each got to invite 5 friends :) I remember the cake & how each slice had a quarter wrapped in. A lot of money for a kid in the 60's!

2) 1969, 9 yrs old, the first year mom didn't let us have a party, bummer! I got a pink stuffed poodle I named Pinky, original I know:)

3) 1990, 30 yrs old, I hated turning 30 for some reason, I liked my 20's... mom, my sister Joanne & I went to Duluth MN, we had a blast, went to a bunch of bars & my mom got asked for ID, awesome !

4) 1993, 33 yrs old, my first birthday with Brad as my boyfriend ♥, we went out fishing to Silver Islet in Thunder Bay, it was really hot that day, we sat on the shoreline with my collie Drake, threw the lines in the water, drank a few beers, & I had a few puffs on a cigar :)

5) 1996, 36 yrs old, my very close cousin Judy died of a brain aneurysm, I spent the day & evening gathered with family, the only unhappy birthday I've ever had, later Judy's sister would tell me the last person she had called that day was me , the line must have been busy, I will always think of that & wish I was available to answer the phone, I could have talked with her one more time :(

6) 2010, 50 yrs old !!, my mom, & 2 sisters fly up to spend the weekend with me, it was the best birthday ever!!!

7) 2011, 51 yrs old, the first birthday I have ever worked!!, seriously, I have always taken holidays the week of my birthday, this year I decided to take them a week later so Brad & I could go away for our Anniversary, which is on the 29th. It feels weird going in to work, but ok as I enjoy my job & the people I work with. Tonight I have agility with Kort so that is fun as well :)

Here's to many more birthdays !

5 comments:

WigglyZack said...

Happy Birthday

Chelsea B said...

Happy Birthday! I hope this birthday is awesome, regardless of the work! :)

Squishy said...

I was one day off. I sent you an email already. Happy Birthday!!!!! Have some Merlot for me!!! I bet your cousin Judy is telling you happy birthday too from the other side. I remember you told me that when I actually could call you on the phone. ♥♥♥♥!!!!!

Paws on the Run said...

Great post!! I'm not surprised you can remember so many birthdays! I don't think I could come up with as much detail as you.

Dianne SS said...

Lovely post--so nice to hear/read people's memories. I "sang" Happy Birthday to you on FB--I won't do it again :))I'll just wish you a very Happy Birthday and tell you that I love you!! ♥♥♥♥