Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Barn Night



Last night we had our first agility class at the barn. We move there for the winter so we can still train. I wasn't going to go, I really dislike working in the barn in all that dirt :) Amanda convinced me otherwise. She said how am I expecting my dogs to go into a trial if I didn't continue to train them. She was right of course, which she often thinks she is, but I know better LOL! kidding :)
I didn't bring Tate as I had just spent 3 hrs bathing & grooming him on Sunday & I wanted him to look nice for a bit longer :)
Kort however, was amazing ! We did alot of work in that hour & a half & Kort never tired ! His weaves were fantastic . He got his entry every time. We did front crosses, rear crosses, distance, 270's, all into the weaves, & Kort was spot on. I can't tell you how proud I am of him! I did not teach Tate the same way & what a difference. We also did lots of table work which has become a problem for Kort in the last 2 trials. Last night Sarah had me make it a game, jump on, jump off, praise, Kort, not me, that is :) :) Then after a few of those I asked for a sit on the table, only twice did I ask him for a down & he was really good. Hopefully I can change his mind about the table into thinking it is a wonderful place to be.
We also did serpentines & my handling sucks with those. I'm either not fast enough to get where I should be, or too slow giving my signals :) I am a work in progress, Kort is doing just fine :)
I think the reason I enjoyed myself so much last night, & had so much energy, was that it was a small class. We only had 5 of us working, so that meant I didn't have to stand around & wait at all, there was always a piece of equipment to work on .
I am actually looking forward to next week in the barn, dirt, sheep poop, & all :)

6 comments:

WigglyZack said...

That's great Jo, sounds like you and Kort have your groove on and are enjoying the agility training.

manymuddypaws said...

of course i was right. :)

Dianne SS said...

Ahhhh, so that's where there's sheep poop!!! You need rewards and praise too!!! Sounds like Kort is doing fantastically well--good for both of you!!

onecollie said...

agreed Dianne, wine & chocolates please!!

Squishy said...

You are so cool Jolene......and thank God you went to train. Your friend is right and look how much fun you both had and how much you accomplished!!

Cynthia said...

WE have a barn we can train in, in the winter, too, but it's also dirty and icky. This winter I don't know what I'll do for agility, probably just hope Jet's training holds out without working it. :) Tatum may not get to run.. but then again, maybe she will.