Monday, November 21, 2011

Dog Show

On Saturday I hung out at the local dog show all day. I took Kort with me as we were doing Scenthurdle later that night.
It was fun to go to the show with no pressure of competing, but sad too. I sooo want to be competing :(
I have a goal, that is compete in Rally only next May in Medicine Hat, Kort needs just 1 leg for his Rally Excellent title. I may play around & go for Kort's RAE as well, we'll see.
I will probably not trial in Open until 2013, Kort will be 5 then & hopefully more mentally mature.
I also got to watch collies & flatcoats in the conformation ring, I videoed too :)
I took the opportunity to walk Kort around the building while heeling him , I used treats, but had him watching me. He did sooooo well with all the dogs, kids & people walking about, his eyes were fixed only on me !!
I was there to watch & support my friends who were trialing.
Princess Pixel was such a cute bundle of fluffy corgi :) but she decided that the drop on recall was too much effort & sat wagging at Amanda instead :)
Sarah & Gyp competed in Novice & rocked it, going High In Class at her first trial !! She also picked up an Advanced Rally leg with a High in class as well!
Kim entered Maggie her Bernese Mt. Dog, who has not trialed in at least 2 yrs & guess what? she went High In Trial !!!!! Way to go Kim !!!
Tina & her Sheltie Jethro are amazing, that dog loves her so much he never takes his eyes off of her, he finished his Rally Advanced title with 2 High in class!
Donna & her Belgian Epic did very well in their first Open trial. After his drop on recall he didn't return to Donna when she called, Donna said after, I never even thought about that !! She had trained him to down & stay put, but forgot the return to handler part LOL!!
Scenthurdle was awesome, we are improving everytime, Kort LOVES it so much! We came in 5th out of 6, but we had tons of clean heats for more points toward Kort's Scenthurdle Champion title!
I even watched Junior Handling , Gyp, Sarah's border collie played show dog ! Lupine & Tinbie Liz's flatcoats were also in the ring ! So cute to watch the little kids!
I also took the opportunity to officially tell Liz that if she breeds Cava next year I want a puppy. I want a show male, but if the males are not show quality, or Cava has all girls, I will take a girl :) It probably won't be until the end of 2012 but still, so exciting !!!
I have stolen the following pictures of my friend & their dogs to post here :)
Congratulations to you all !!!!!

Kim & Maggie......

Sarah & Gyp......

Tina & Jethro......

Pixel doing Scenthurdle this summer, isn't she the cutest :)

7 comments:

WigglyZack said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend at the show. That's exciting you are "on the list" for a new puppy next year. Congrats!!!!

Dianne SS said...

Wow that's so cool that you have made the big decision and are on the list!! Very exciting!! Your weekend sounds like lots of fun and a nice rest for you--sort of:)

Squishy said...

That is so cool they have a "High Score in Class". I think here they just say "First". Nice to have you support all your friends and it looks like they all did GREAT even if one sat instead of laid down!! And it's ok you want a Flatcoat....I will still stalk your blog.......................

Sarah said...

It was a fun weekend for sure! YOu are so sweet for posting everyone's successes :)

Sarah said...

oops meant to add ... YAY for P U P P Y!!

.. and Kort will get there ... be patient :)

Blazingstar said...

Oh my, the pressure is on, for me and Cava, lol! Cava's registered name is Bramatha Under Pressure...., so I guess that's appropriate. A year from now would be the absolute earliest, more likely 2013... plus there are health clearances to pass :-) Cava is flattered though.

onecollie said...

no pressure Liz :)
( insert evil laugh ;) LOL!!!!