Sunday, May 27, 2012

Not Myself Lately

Diverticulitis is small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine (diverticulosis) that become inflamed or infected. Most often, these pouches are in the large intestine .
Sounds fun huh?........ya, not so much :(

I have this...again.....last time was in December.This time it came on so suddenly I was shocked.  I was working last Tues, I didn't feel so great, kinda had a stomach ache, but then suddenly about 3 in the afternoon I was doubled over in pain, Wendy had to call Amanda back to work so I could go to emergency.  I almost leaped across the counter when the nurse asked me to jump up & down & tell her how much it hurt, seriously, it is called the "pot hole" test.  I told her I couldn't even stand up straight so there was no way I was going to jump up & down :) 
After a 2 hr wait I was finally in a room where the nice nurse gave me a warm blanket, hooked me up to the intravenous machine, & gave me a nice shot of narcotic pain reliever, at that point I loved the nice nurse :) 
After the usual tests, blood, urine, then the nice nurse came back to tell me I had a bladder infection, who knew, not me!
My euphoric feelings disappeared when the jerk Dr. came in & pushed on my stomach, announcing that he felt it was diverticulitis, wrote up a script & told me I could go, seriously? I was actually hoping for at least an ultra sound to make sure it was diverticulitis, what if it is actually my gall bladder?  So I have a bladder infection as well as diverticulitis, so awesome.
Anyway, I was supposed to go home & be on bed rest, ya right, not going to happen. So I have been very sore, very sick, the pills are absolutely horrible, they taste so bad!!!!  I have been very whiny but I can't help it, I don't like not being 100% , I'm going to call my own Dr. tomorrow & have a chat with him, I do not want this ever again!

9 comments:

WigglyZack said...

Oh crikey, I hope you are feeling better soon. My brother-in-law has diverticulitis and he stayed in the hospital for 4 days - can't believe the awful time you went through in emergency - talk about bad practice. Our health care system sucks. Take care of yourself and follow up with your own doc for sure.

Paws on the Run said...

Are you still feeling crappy? :( Can I bring you anything?

manymuddypaws said...

although I gave you a hard time for being whiny, you do kinda deserve to be. ;)

pain sucks.

hopefully the meds will do the trick and you'll forget about it in no time!

onecollie said...

awww thanks guys :)
I have mostly spent yesterday afternoon & today in bed, I plan to do the same tomorrow, I am feeling somewhat better, no thanks Wendy, I'm good :) That's ok Amanda, I have been whiny :) you guys are the best ♥

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Bpwsers, that sounds like no fun. Hope the medicine makes you feel better soon.

Sending some healing collie vibes your way.

Essex & Sherman

Anonymous said...

That suck, Jo :(
I hope you get feeling better soon.

Kim

Squishy said...

This is why so many Americans hate BO....(we don't want Obamacare)!! The nurse who asked you to jump up and down sounds like a total idiot!!! Sooooo sorry Jolene. Good luck with your regular doctor.

onecollie said...

my Dr is sending me for an ultrasound! hurray, he doesn't think it's diverticulitis!

Dianne SS said...

Geez, this one never showed up on my blog roll!!!???? I'm sorry you had another attck. I'm afraid I have to say this again, but the traditional treatments under allopathic medicine are not going to get at what has cause this in the first place.I wish I could recommend a naturopath closer to you or a homeopath, but the ones I know are up here and that's the only thing that's going to fix you up--I know because I suffered from exactly the same thing. And the attacks are only going got get worse. I'll email you privately about an idea.