Saturday, February 9, 2013

Perkins!!!!

Perkins a few years ago taken at Daycare by Wendy
I thought it was about time for a Perkins post :)

Perkins is a smooth mini Dachshund that Brad & I take care of.  He will be 8 yrs old on March 19.
He is part of our family & we think of him as ours when he is here.  Kort loves him & vice versa, I think because Kort was just a puppy when I started to look after him.  Tate & Perkins don't interact at all though. 

When I first started to work at Paws On The Run Perkins was in daycare.  At that time Amanda & Wendy shared taking care of him.  Perkins dad Brian has a job that takes him out of town quite often.
I fell in love with the little wiener!  I had never cared for the breed but Perkins changed that ♥
One time Amanda & Wendy couldn't look after him so I volunteered , he's been "mine" ever since :)

He has his own beds here , 1 upstairs & one downstairs.  He has his own bowl set, & he pretty much owns all the toys as well, or should I say , he has "claimed" all the toys as well.  He sleeps in our bed under the covers which is typical of the breed.  I have no idea how he breathes!!
Dachshunds are big dogs in a small package, both Tate & Kort respect him, he is top dog when he is here .

Perkins is also a miracle dog.  In the summer of 2010 he became paralyzed, pretty much overnight, he couldn't use his  back legs at all.  Brian decided to do the back surgery & it worked!! He had a long recovery, but today you can't even tell :)

This is Perkins the first time I looked after him after his surgery.....



I love the Perkins ♥

photo by Wendy Devent



2 comments:

WigglyZack said...

He is a little treasure. It's amazing how much you can love a dog that belongs to someone else but it's true and easily done :) He is a lucky little guy to have two families that love him so much.

Squishy said...

I love Perkins too. I don't know what I would do without him......