Monday, February 11, 2013

Sojos

Me & my boys, taken by Wendy Devent


It's been about 3 months since I started to feed Tate & Kort  Sojos Dog Food  & I'm really happy so far.

Kort has been a struggle since he was a puppy to regulate his loose stools & constant diarrhea.  I've tried many many different dog foods & also went raw for a couple of months, but the result was always the same, diarrhea after about 3 weeks :(
I finally took my vets advice & went with a vet food that I was not at all happy to give, but it worked.  Kort was doing super until about 6 months ago when he started to itch. Then Tate was itchy, Tate has been on Origen Senior.

I have always tried to do the best for my boys,   or what "I"  think is right.  I am never influenced by other people or what they do with their dogs, I do what is good for me & my boys, period.  So when the boys started to itch I knew I had to make a change diet wise.  I have never been happy feeding kibble, but it was working so I saw no reason to change. I searched around & found Sojos, I had seen it before but never tried it thinking it would be too expensive for 2 large dogs, but it is actually comparable to kibble.

I am using the grain free variety.  It has raw freeze dried turkey as it's protein source, so the dogs are getting the nutrition of raw.  It's other ingredients are sweet potatoes, whole egg, broccoli, celery, apples, kelp, flax meal, pecans, pumpkin, cranberries, basil, ginger root, alfalfa, & of course all the calcium , vitamins & stuff, all freeze dried in their natural state, not cooked first.
You can read about it here.

Both Kort & Tate have stopped itching, & fingers crossed Kort has had no diarrhea. Hopefully I can keep them on this food, but if Kort slips backwards I have no problem going back on the vet food for awhile.


1 comment:

Squishy said...

I am not too familiar with the food but if it works that is good. I LOVE these photos! OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!