So my mom is still waiting for her bone marrow tests to come back, they should be ready in about a week. I am very worried about her, she has had a second blood transfusion now as she has been confirmed with the Myelodysplastic Syndrome. She was contacted by the Cancer clinic and they have asked her if she would participate in a relatively new drug trial. It is a pill called Revlimid. Apparently it works to slow down the progression of the disease and help prolong the life of the person taking it. It has some very serious side effects however so my mom is worried about taking it.
I am not going to lie, I am pretty much in denial, I refuse to even think of my mom passing away, I can't go there.
I have to really think about things next spring, do I want to go home and be with my mom for a longer time period? I can drive there so I can bring the dogs, but I am not sure if that would be hard on my mom, having 2 more dogs in her small home, one being on the boisterous side.
Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing her when I fly home on the 29th