Wednesday, March 18, 2015

13 years ago....


Janet in the middle, top, with me, my brother and sister
 Today is my cousin Janet's birthday.......she would have been 56, she passed away from a brain aneurysm when she was 43, just like her older sister Judy did 5 years before her, at the exact same age.

I think about my cousins often, what they would be like now, more kids maybe?  We were close , the 3 of us, did alot of things together in the "good old days"   To see a family member, laying in a coma, twice in a 5 year span was heartbreaking.  I am not really sure how their family got through it, by the time Janet passed away her mom, my aunt had also passed away from Cancer.  I remember my Uncle saying he was grateful she didn't have to see another child die.

Judy and Janet left behind 2 little girls, the same age.  They were 4 I believe.  They are grown women now, I keep in touch with them on Facebook, one is troubled, one is doing well. Judy left behind another son and daughter as well.  I  don't keep in touch with Jimmy , but Katie is a sweetheart and was only 16 when her mom Judy died.  Katie is thriving and has a husband and 2 kids of her own now, we are still very close. I wish Judy and Janet where here to see their kids, have a life, I miss them , all the time.

Happy Birthday Janet xoxo

No comments: