Friday, May 27, 2016

Volunteering

I received a call yesterday morning from the local hospital that I applied to for volunteering.  I had applied awhile ago so was surprised to hear from them!  They finally have some openings so I have an interview with the coordinator next week. 
One of the positions is helping the office staff, I like the sound of that one so I will see what it involves.  I am still looking for a part time job but this will fill in some of my time in the meanwhile.  I am excited but nervous .  I am finding my anxiety is really showing up lately so that's bothering me a lot.  I'm not sure why I am anxious, its not a job, but I still feel worried I wont be able to carry out my duties.  Crazy I know, but not being able to keep my last job still plays heavily on my  mind.
I will just have to try and take it one moment at a time .
It will be about 2 months before I will start anyway.  There is a criminal check I will have to get plus go through orientation.  They want you to commit to 6 months or 60 hours as well.  That shouldn't be a problem, I hope!! If I do get a job I will have to cross my fingers I can work in between volunteering.  See how I worry about things that haven't even happened yet! 
Bottom line, I am very excited to be doing something during the week, it is getting much harder to fill hours in my day so this is a good thing!

No comments: