Monday, February 8, 2010

Calgary Dog Show/Collie Specialty Weekend


Wow, what a whirlwind of a weekend! I am exhausted but I sure had a great time....there were many "firsts" this weekend. I think the most exciting was the fact that I got to compete with Tate in Veterans for the first time, it was a very emotional time, but we had a blast & I was so very proud of him! Tate also had another first, he was asked to help out & be a Junior handlers dog! She was the sweetest girl, Adyesha was her name & she had pretty purple colouring in her hair! Tate went off with her without a care in the world, didn't look for me or care where I was, it was all about his new friend.
Kort had the biggest "first" however. It was the first time he behaved! Not really, but he is quite vocal in his kennel & on the table while being groomed, he was quiet quiet!! I was even able to go out with everyone for lunch & leave Kort & Tate in their kennels! Whoo Hoo! He behaved in the ring, mostly!!, sorry about your blazer Val , hee hee! Just a bit of chewing & jumping going on, trying to see what Val would let him get away with, he found out quickly that it wasn't much!
Kort did not come home with his last 3 points but he still came home a winner in my books!
The best "first" was the fact that my sister Debra surprised me by driving up from Sherwood Park to stay with me for the weekend! We had so much fun & she was such a big help, I was glad she was there. She took pictures & video which I would not of had otherwise. I have posted video on you tube for those interested. Here are some of the pictures, the others will be on my Facebook page in an album.





2 comments:

Squishy said...

I've been frantically waiting to hear on the weekend!!!! Did Tate not win in the Veteran's class? I see you with him and youknowwho in a class?? Is that BoV?? I'm glad your sister came for a surprise visit. How cool is that? I wished I had a sister!! Hahaha!! I need one in two weeks! Glad everyone was well-behaved. I wished I could have come show! That would have been a blast of a trip!

onecollie said...

LOL!!, I have video up on my facebook!! Tate was the only male Veteran so he got to go in for Breed...yes this is the BOV competition, Tate did not win Best Veteran, it went to Cheryl Ellis's blue bitch.