Friday, February 19, 2010

Something New

It seems that with every collie I own I get into a new dog sport with them.
Ben was my first collie & my first obedience dog. Together we earned an Am. & Can. CD, plus 2 legs toward his CDX. He was trained into Utility, but because we never managed to get our last CDX leg we were never able to compete in it.
With Drake, he was my first show dog, earning his Can. Championship, plus 7 Am. points & his Am. Can. CD also.
Tate is a Can. Champion, plus my first agility dog, earning his AGI, my first tracking dog earning his TD., my first rally dog, earning his RE, plus my first CGN, TT, & HIC dog, earning him a Versatility Excellent Title, also a first for me!.
Now with Kort I will be doing all of the usual showing & performance things with him , but we are going try something new again .....Scent Hurdle! I don't know alot about it except the dog has to jump over a series of jumps, & retrieve his own dumbbell from a group of 4. This is done as a relay race. Our first practice is on Sun. & I'm looking forward to it!
Here are a couple of pictures I found of dogs going over the jumps in Scent Hurdle.

2 comments:

Dianne SS said...

That looks pretty cool!Good luck to you and Kort! I know you will have fun!

Squishy said...

Scent hurdles are so much fun to watch!! I wanted to do that years ago with Kiita. Good luck and have fun with Kort!!