Friday, February 12, 2010

Obedience VS Agility


I just can't decide!!
At this point I can't afford to do both, so I need to decide which classes to continue with. "I" want to continue with obedience/rally classes. But, as Amanda pointed out last night, it's because "I" feel more confident with my handling & understanding of what is required in obedience.
I can't run fast anymore, haven't been able to for awhile, damn knees!, so I do feel like I am not very good in agility. I have always been a believer in letting the dog decide. Basically, whatever my dogs have the most fun at, & do their best in, I stick with that first.
Kort is doing well in both venues.....if I drop agility classes I will fall behind everyone else & my instructors do not offer beginners classes all the time. They are just too busy.
So I need to decide, what is best for me & Kort.

6 comments:

Diana said...

I love your blog header. Beautiful!! Diana

jurneecollie said...

Well Jolene I would probably stay with agility. You know your obedience and you can practice that anywhere with Kort and do matches to gain experience. You don't have access to agility stuff but at classes right? so this way you could still do both.

Michelle

Visichy said...

You know what, I'm in the exact same boat! I am also leaning towards staying with obedience because I enjoy it more. But I think Claire prefers agility. Also I think obedience is cheaper. I'm just not totally sure what to do. Let me know what you decide :)

onecollie said...

Thanks Diana!
Michelle that is an excellent point!
Will do Vicky!

manymuddypaws said...

i think you should do both.

Squishy said...

Wow, if I had to pick, it'd be agility, but I used to like obedience a LONG time ago. I agree with your friends, that if you are good at one and have to pick, I'd go with the sport that you need help in.