Saturday, August 28, 2010

Can't Wait!

I can't wait for pictures or video to post tonight as I am so excited!

Today was the first day of our agility trial here in Lethbridge. It is the first time I have done AAC agility & I can tell you it is much harder then CKC!! The courses are more challenging & you are not allowed any refusals or it is an NQ. In CKC you are allowed 3 refusals in novice & 1 in Intermediate, but must be perfect in Excellent. In AAC it is perfect from the get go!, plus there is either 6 or 12 weaves at the Starters level!!

I'll start with Kort...Kort made me so proud today, with limited class time, or even jumping at full height, he entered his first ever trial. We did Jumpers as he is not yet weaving or doing the teeter, the course had 17 obstacles....13 jumps, 3 tunnels, & the tire. Kort ran clean up to obstacle 13, for some reason he stalled in front, which earned him a refusal & an NQ. I got him back running & he managed to do his tire, a fairly tight pinwheel & get all the way to the last jump clean!! He ran past the last jump but Amanda said it was totally my fault as I dropped my arm & didn't tell him over...my bad!
I could just squish him I'm so proud !! :))

Tate was amazing, he brought tears to my eyes ! This was Tate's first Veteran's appearance & he just rocked ! He was fast!!, I even had to use my "Go On" as I couldn't keep up to him on the straight away!. He missed his weave pole entry in the first Standard run, I brought him back but he did not like that at all, he HATES to be wrong ! He gave the ground a sniff & I knew he was upset so I just said ok, let's go, & he turned & weaved through the last 6 of the 12 poles ! The rest of his run was clean.
The 2nd Standard run was rock solid, he hit the weave entry on his first try & just rocked the entire course! His time was 61.87 out of a possible 73. This was Tate's first Standard Q !
Then on to Jumpers, what a dog!!! he was perfect!!! A Q with a time of 30.35 !!!! Not bad for my 8 1/2 year old couch potato!!

Also an interesting fact about today. On Sat. Aug 28, 2004, Tate entered his first agility trial at the age of 2, & earned a Jumpers Q.
So I think it's pretty amazing that 6 years ago TO THE DAY!, I was in my first ever agility trial with my first agility dog. Tate was 2yrs, & Kort is 2yrs, & also in his first ever trial, & Tate is now in Veterans....how's that for cool !!!

What a day!, I probably won't be able to move my aching body tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to competing, just hope the rain stays away!

5 comments:

Two Dogs, One Camera said...

Sounds like a great time! Very good job to both your boys and you! I can't wait for pictures! :)

Squishy said...

Squish him as in "Squishy" squish?????????????????
That is so cool about your boys!! Wow!!! Can't wait to see the photos tomorrow. And, is it crazy cold there like it is here???

WigglyZack said...

Wow, you guys did great. Congratulations with both Tate and Kort. A perfect day it seems.

Dianne SS said...

Fantastic!! What a great day for you and the boys. Kort is on the road to being a wonderful performance dog and Tate--well he's just the best!!! So neat about the date, the ages of the dogs, etc.!!!

Diana said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! Good for you! Diana