Monday, August 2, 2010

New Rally Title

This weekend Amanda, Lisa & I traveled to Calgary to attend the AKC show. It was held at Spruce Meadows this year for the first time. What an awesome venue, it was huge to say the least, but stunning. I will be going back next year for sure! This show is Canada's biggest outdoor dog show also!
Kort was such a good boy & earned his last 2 novice legs to finish his very 1st Performance title! He qualified with a 7th place finish out of the 23 dogs that qualified under Gail Carroll, & a 4th place finish out of the 12 dogs that qualified under Judi Snowdon.
On the last day Kort had a mini brain freeze & again decided he could not possibly sit :)) He especially gets confused on the 1-2-3, front sits...Both Amanda & the judge think it is due in part to his show training, you just don't sit in front, you stand! We are working on it & on this particular day I surprisingly held my cool, asked to "re-do" the station, & tried again..this time Kort sat, whew!
When the judge announced the 1st to 4th place winners in the class, she said that my handling of Kort was fantastic & she could have watched me all day...I was honored to have this compliment from judge Judi Snowdon, she is known for being a harder marker & she expects that dogs & handlers should be ready when they enter a trial, I agree totally!
All & all we have a fantastic time, Amanda & Lisa are super great to travel with, we had tons of laughs, even if Lisa talks weird :), blimey Lisa!, are you going to take the lift?? hahaha!
Thanks to Amanda for taking the pictures for us too!

Lisa & I in the ring waiting for our ribbons......

Kort & I accept our Rosette for 4th place in class from the judge Judi Snowdon......

Kort poses in front of the Spruce Meadows sign......


Here is our gang of dogs, believe it or not, we all stayed in a hotel room together :))!
Left to Right, Kort-New RN !, Boone-New RA !, Pixel-1st RA leg !, Wicca-1st RAE leg !, & Zack-New RN !......

The Stop signs at Spruce Meadows !......

5 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

LOVE the stop sign!

WigglyZack said...

It was a great weekend for sure from the blimy limey!!! ahahah LOL

Squishy said...

I love that stop sign!! I want one!! Congratulations to everyone for a great weekend. And a big congrats for your handling!!! What a NICE compliment!!!

Dianne SS said...

What a great compliment from the judge!! Good for you that you did a red-do ( I watched it on the video) and he came through the 2nd time! Congratulations again my friend!!

Kim said...

Congratulations on Kort's first performance title! The first of many, I am sure.