Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Enough

Wow, life is hard, sometimes harder for some then others.

Last night my 49 yr old cousin died of a massive heart attack while snow blowing his driveway. He lives with my Uncle & my Uncle looked out the window & saw him laying in the snow. Richard's German Shepherd Thunder was laying beside him :(
This family ,(my family), has had it pretty rough over the years, slowly loosing everyone in quite terrible circumstances.
It all started in 1991 when my 23 yr old cousin Ronnie fell through the ice on his snow machine, & drowned, out at the family camp.
Then in 1996, on my birthday , my cousin Judy died of a brain aneurysm.
In 2000, my Auntie Mary passed away from colon cancer.
In 2001 my cousin Janet also died of a brain aneurysm.
And now Richard.....my Uncle is beside himself, he thankfully still has one son Robbie.

Thunder, Richard's dog is distraught, he is looking for Richard & when he goes out he sniffs the spot Richard was laying, & won't come back inside.
My Uncle thinks he will give him away, he doesn't listen to anyone but Richard. Thankfully I know the breeder & I called her this morning. She will call my Uncle & help him out, whether it is to board the dog or re home him. My Uncle doesn't understand that you can't just place a dog like this, he is 7 yrs old & he may not be ok for quite some time. Right now he is still waiting for Richard.
At least for the time being he will be back with the breeder until my Uncle has a chance to think things through. Hopefully Uncle Billy will decide to keep him for company, if not I think the breeder is the best chance for Thunder to find another home.

It is all so awful, I'm sad & scared. I don't want to loose anymore family, but it is going to happen whether I like it or not.

Sorry for such a depressing post, but this is a place where I can get my thoughts out & that helps me get through my day.

7 comments:

Dianne SS said...

Oh, Jolene, I am so very sorry. What a terrible shock for everyone in your family. Your poor uncle. And poor Thunder. I am glad that you could contact his breeder and that she can help. It will take time for Thunder to come to terms with his loss. So very sad. ((Hugs))

Diana said...

Oh my goodness, I feel so bad for you and your family. Life feels so unfair sometimes.

Sharrie said...

What a terrible loss for all concerned including Thunder. I know how you feel about life feeling unfair. Best wishes for everyone involved in this tragedy.

Donna Brinkworth said...

Hi Jolene, is that Ron's son by chance? PLEASE tell your uncle I am very sorry, not sure he will remember me from MNR but I liked him so much and I did meet his family at the park. This is a time when words can't really help much. Do try to list all of the good things too though. You may find as many or more of them. It sounds shallow to say that at a time like this but it is very true. These times remind us to treasure every day because life is very impermanent. I love this idea that I heard once - We love flowers in a vase and know they will die, but people are much the same so we have to look at one another as though we are each flowers. (that is a Buddhist saying by the way, but I reworded it a bit). I feel your sadness. So, so sorry. 49 is way too young!

Squishy said...

That's so sad Jolene. I am sorry. And, so sad about the dog. Thank God you are there to help out and try to get your uncle to do the right thing. Death never seems fair. I am thinking about you.

WigglyZack said...

So sorry Jolene. You have been through alot lately. My thoughts are with you and your family.

onecollie said...

Thank you everyone ...

Donna, no this is my Uncle Billy....he was married to my mom's younger sister who died of colon cancer...
Uncle Ronnie is my dad's brother