Thursday, August 11, 2011

Have You Lost Your Smiley Face ?


My friend Amanda wrote a post the other day that I loved. It was about finding your "smiley face" . I need to do that more often, so I am trying :)

Things haven't been going so well for me lately. Our local agility trial is this weekend & I had to pull both Tate & Kort. First I had to pull Tate as he was so ill & loosing weight. He has since been neutered & is well on his way to recovering, as well as putting weight back on, smiley face :)
Kort had to be pulled do to his mysterious pain episodes, he is still on strict rest & I haven't been able to do anything with him except some nice calm walks.
I will however be able to volunteer in everything all weekend now, as well as cheer on all the Go!Dog!Go! gang, smiley face :)
Other things in my life have been crappy lately, things I won't talk about, I am still working on finding my smiley face for those :(
I bought a laptop yesterday ! No comments please. I don't want to hear about how it was an expense that I can't afford, I know that. I don't want to hear that I didn't need one, I know that too. Did I want one, yes, am I glad I bought one, yes , do I feel just a little guilty about it , yes, but I'll get over it, smiley face :)
Next weekend is a CKC trial that I had to pull from as well, I'll put the money I'm saving on hotels to the laptop bill, smiley face :)
Anyway, you get the picture, life would be so much better if we all could just find our smiley faces, thanks Amanda for reminding me of that, smiley face for good friends :) :)

5 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

:)

Happiness is sometimes more important than everything else. Good for you Jo

Dianne SS said...

I hear you about needing to find our smiley faces. Not so great a time for me/us right now either. But there are always positive things and fun things too. ((HUGS)) to you and the doggies!

Squishy said...

So who would tell you you can't afford the laptop????? Except maybe yourself??? Enjoy it! You will be able to blog more and it's nobody's business!!

Kim said...

I'm glad you are finding smiley faces among things that seem not-so-good right now.

.... a new laptop is a definate :) Sometimes we need to treat ourselves.

I will be right with you volunteering all weekend. I pulled Bosley from this weekends trial and the WAC trial next weekend.

Jenny Glen said...

Hang in there girl!