Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hi!


I haven't been around for awhile, you have probably noticed :)
Not much has been happening lately, well, not much has been happening that I want to talk about.

Brian ( Perkins dad ) brought me the flowers in the picture above when he picked Perkins up last week, it's been a long time since someone gave me flowers, thanks Brian it made my day !

We had our local trial this past weekend, it was awful not being able to enter my dogs :( I hated it. I kept myself busy by being a volunteer, I did pole setting, coarse building, scribing & a timing! It was fun fun & it kept me busy so I wasn't too sad about not running my boys. I also won an awesome gift bag with toys for the dogs, a cup & a Tim Horton's gift card for volunteering !

The judges were awesome & very nice. We went out for supper on Sat. night & I had the pleasure of sitting across the table from one of the judges, he had tons of stories to tell from his years of judging & he was hilarious!

It was super hot!!!!! all weekend, I got a little sun burned even with sunscreen on as I was out in the sun for 2 days. Wendy took a picture of me on the Sunday & I will post it to show you.

The spirit of the people competing was for the most part positive, you always have those that like to blame the fact that they didn't Q on other things. Some examples I heard were the timer not doing the job properly, a bug was bothering my dog, & the click of the camera distracted him/her.

I was able to watch all the handlers up close all weekend, & wow was there lots of bad handling! I'm not saying I'm an expert but you really get to see the mistakes when you are able to sit & watch closely. Funny how everything else is the reason why the dog didn't Q when most of the time it's the handler :)

There are some awesome videos up on my friends blogs for you to enjoy.
Amanda's dogs did amazing & even Vito came out to play! Unfortunately I somehow managed to not press the record button during his run & there is no video of him :(
Sarah & her guys were wonderful as well, on the last day Sarah did a cartwheel during her run with Kaleb & it was hilarious, so it is a must watch video :)
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Squishy said...

It sounds so much fun actually to be able to do the things you normally don't do and to see the handling of so many other exhibitors. I want to be a "scribe" for a vet at a ride because I'll be able to see horse after horse get vetted out and I expect it'd be very interesting. So sorry the boys couldn't go though.......but they got toys???!!!

onecollie said...

it was fun!!! The toys were in the gift bag I received...all the names of volunteers go into a "hat" & they draw names for prizes, how cool is that!!!