Monday, August 1, 2011

Spruce Meadows, AKC Dog Show

The Good, The Bad, & the Really Bad :)......

I am home today from the wonderful Dog Show held at the beautiful Spruce Meadows, I am exhausted, mentally & physically.

The Good....

1) I love this show, it is held on the famous Spruce Meadows Horse Jumping Grounds, & that alone is worth going for.
2) We got to stay at friends Jan & Dave's house, & it was awesome for the dogs, & us, to be able to go back to a house to rest.
3) Traveling with Amanda is an adventure in itself, we always have a ton of laughs!!!
4) Kort competed in Open & Rally, he did not Q in Open, but he got 1 Q in Excellent Rally with a score of 99/100 for his 2nd leg. He was handled in the ring by Amanda who he adores :)
5) Kort competed in Scenthurdle on Sat. night & our team was awesome. Kort finished his Scenthurdle Dog Excellent title!!!!

The Bad......

1) Kort did pretty good in Open for me, but had a meltdown in Rally. He refused to sit, & would not look at me, it was horrible & very painful :(
2) At the afternoon trial today when handled by Amanda again, he started to shut down for her as well, but manged to finish most of the stations :(
3) The mosquitoes :)

The Really Bad......

1) Realizing I have pushed my wonderful boy so hard that he is shutting down in the ring for me :( :( :(
2) While waiting to do his Honour Exercise, Amanda was playing with Kort, he suddenly screamed out in pain & started to freak out, he looked almost like he was having a seizure. This actually happened to him 2 weeks ago while I was in Calgary doing Scenthurdle. I was playing with him & he screamed & did the exact same thing, I am very worried & will be making an appt. for him tomorrow to be looked at :(
3) The judge made Amanda do the Honour Exercise, even though Kort had NQ'd & she had seen his painful episode :( :(
4) While competing in Scenthurdle on Sat. one of the opposing team members started saying some very out of line things about a dog on my team. It was childish & immature, & caused my team member to be upset. That makes me & all of my teammates upset as well, not good at all :(

So that is it, The Good, The Bad, & The Really Bad of the weekend, now please enjoy some pictures :)

♥ Tate & Kort ♥


The gang, minus Boone who wouldn't stay :)
Left to Right, Kort, Tate, Wicca, Pixel, & Vito......


Kort, Over !......


I think my face says it all :) ♥


Tired Kort, Day 3 :)......


My Scenthurdle team
Left to Right, Amanda & Pixel, Sarah & Gyp, Kim & Bosley, Me & Kort, Donna & Swift
Yeah No Nonscents !!!!!


This cracks me up!
Wicca, Pixel, & Vito, Amanda's dogs releasing from their sit stay !......


More pictures to follow in the coming days, thank you Sarah for the pictures of our Scenthurdle team, & in the Open Ring, & Amanda for the rest.

5 comments:

Donna Brinkworth said...

Jolene, what a great post! Good for you for training and entering trials! I need to do that, you are an inspiration for me. Despite the bad and really bad, any weekend like this with dogs and friends is always really good! Love to see a collie doing this, Kort is a good boy and you are a good team.

Dianne SS said...

Congratulations on the Q in Rally and in Kort getting his Scenthurdle title! Very nice pictures of the dogs and the team! I am very concerned about Kort though--I will email you privately.

WigglyZack said...

Sounds like you had a good and bad show. Kort is a wonderful dog and you have done brilliantly with him no matter what. Hope you find out the reason he cried - hang in there.

Blazingstar said...

Congrats on the rally and scent hurdle success!! I hope you can find out what the screaming was about. Could he have been stung or bitten by something?

Squishy said...

Oh I love that photo too of the doggies running towards the camera. Your weekend sounds fun and stressful. Maybe Kort needs a chiropractic adjustment? My boy Moku sometimes would roll around on the ground and cry out. I think his spine was out. But, that would concern me. Yeah on him doing well!!! Love the photos!! You have had a lot going on. Omg.