Friday, May 3, 2013

Oh My!

Purpose   of the EMG Scan...
 
To detect and identify abnormal function of the spine and muscles.  Abnormal spinal muscular function leads directly to abnormal nervous system imbalance. 

Surface Electromyography (EMG) scan
.....
As the muscles are controlled by nerves, this scan measures how well the motor nerves are working by reading the amount of current or electrical conductivity found in the musculature. Any muscular imbalance or misalignment of the joints will cause a disturbance in the nerve, thereby causing an abnormal amount of electrical current flowing through your muscles which is recorded by the EMG device.

Thermography.....
The device measures the skin temperature adjacent to the spine. The skin is the largest organ of the body and the blood vessels under the skin work as the body’s thermostat. Like the body’s organs and glands, the blood in itself is controlled by the autonomic nervous system. Both sides of your spine should be at the same temperature when all is well. If the communication between the nervous system and the blood vessels are disturbed, it causes the body’s thermostat to malfunction, producing an imbalanced temperature reading along the spine. This thermal scan therefore monitors how the autonomic system of your body is doing and indirectly the associated organs at the various adjacent levels.


I had this done a week ago , yesterday I got my results
This is my spine, yikes!!!
Green is Mild, Blue is Moderate, Red is Severe, & Black is off the charts bad :(
I'm not sure what the white is but it shows that the subluxations in my spine are having an effect on my muscular system.  Both sides of the spine should be the same, without the pretty colours :)


The spine houses all the nerves that control everything is the body, so if the nerve signals are interrupted then the body doesn't function properly, there is a chart of some of the things that could be affected when the spine is out....for instance I found it interesting that Chronic cough is under a category where I am having issues in my spine.  I have had a cough for 5 yrs that my Dr said was allergy asthma.

I have begun my adjustments & will have another EMG done in one month & will post the results.
I am not a full believer right now, I will wait to see how I feel in a month, for now I just know that I am willing to try anything as nothing else has worked.

Also, it is not just adjustments that are involved.  Dr Helen has a wellness class that is mandatory to attend, as we all know, it is about the wellness of the entire body & mind that promotes healing within the body.

Wish me luck!

No comments: