Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Stupid Cancer

Joanne and Jane, New Year's Eve at my niece's Wedding
2 weeks ago when my sister Joanne had my mom at the emergency she mentioned to me through texts , that her back hurt, she thought she had a kidney stone. I of course told her to get her butt over the Dr and have it checked.
She got it checked yesterday.  It's another growth, a lesion as the Dr called it, the size of her thumb nail, on on her diaphragm.  This is the same Cancer she had in her back last year when they had to go in, remove it, some ribs, and put in a plate to support her spine as the tumor was breaking her bones :(
So the Cancer is on the move again, it scares the crap out of me.   It of course is in her lymph nodes which is why it has access to wherever it wants to rear its ugly little head in her body :(
She was on her way to pain management when I last spoke with her today, no doubt getting morphine.  She already is taking oral chemo and will be for the rest of her life.  They want to try to do radiation on the new area.

You can imagine our family is quite worried. Joanne though puts up a very brave front, I wish I had half her courage!

Her wedding is in May, we are so looking forward to this celebration with her and Jane!!  I am happy as this gives her something fun to look forward to, and God knows she certainly deserves it

No comments: