Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What Was I Thinking???!!!

Sooooo!, now that Kort is 4 months old, I thought that maybe I could try leaving him at home while I go to work in the afternoon...I only work part time, so with the travel to & from work I am gone for 4 hrs.
Seemed reasonable....yesterday was actually Kort's first time staying home while I went to work, he has been left other times, but not at this particular time slot. Yersterday went fantastic, all was well when I got home. So today I thought I would give him a bit more room to move around.....oh, I can just hear Amanda as she's reading this!!( Amanda is my voice of reason!).....anyway, I set up his ex-pen & surrounded his crate with it, then left the crate door open....I photo documented this "experiment"!!
Here's Kort just before I left, ok he thinks, this is cool......take notice of the crate, it has a crate pad , with a cover, & there are various toys in the crate...
So now, Kort has had a chance to look around & he figures something is up......
I should have been smart at this point, when he started to bite the ex-pen!......
I told him no, he laid down & I thought he'd be good......
When I got home this is what the crate & ex pen looked like, everything had been removed, the crate pad had a fitted sheet on it, he must of really had a blast with that!, all the toys were pulled out & his rawhide was rolled up in the blanket, oh, did I mention he peed too!!, yup!
At least he left his piggy toy inside!......it could have been worse, he could have spotted the water bottle I left hanging on the side of the crate, & he could have gotten out of the ex pen, I can just imagine what he would have done!.....

What's really funny is that my husband is working midnights & was home asleep....he didn't hear a thing!

Tommorrow Kort is coming to work!

4 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

i don't think I need to say much except this really isn't going to help your housetraining issues....

Sarah said...

too funny, see i tried the same thing with kaleb ... he was 12 weeks old and I felt bad for leaving him too for 4 hours .... we set up the xpen (40" tall) and his crate inside .... came home and guess who was standing on the kitchen table to greet us??

he still is a houdini.

onecollie said...

I know Amanda....after getting home I sure realized that I am pretty dumb!!!
That is really funny Sarah!, glad I din't find Kort on my kitchen table!!
Lesson learned, believe me!!

miradukesadie said...

lol! I think we all have these stories.....ok you all know I'm anti crates, well I left Sadie out totally free when she was about 9 weeks, just to run to the store. I came home to poop smeared - yes smeared - across the couch. And of lesser significance at that point the blinds were destroyed. I guess she was telling me something